Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
mirena
An_245019 posted:
had mirena removed september of 2011 and was just wondering if it is possible to become pregnant cause i have been trying to conceive and its been seven months. i also had some spotting 12days early before my period with no symptums of cramps just curious is too what that could be.

fcl responded:
Yes, it's possible to get pregnant after the removal of a mirena. However, the average time to get pregnant is 6-8 months so you're well within the norms. Most doctors won't see you until you've been trying for a year.

Good luck!

Rosiebowra86 responded:
I had mine removed the same month as you it took me a year to finally get pregnant just keep trying and eventually you will get there. I thought i wasn't gonna be able to conceive anymore or maybe my husband wasn't adequate to make any baby's. But i finally just stopped stressing about it and had fun with it. Now i am 16 weks pregnant seemed like it took forever but it happened. Just enjoy yourself when the mirena has fully worn off you should get pregnant it just takes 8 to 12 months for the effects to wear off. I diffenantly would not recommend getting it again due to there is a law suit against them due to some off the side effects it has which includes infertility. So from one girl to anothr goo luck and hope it all turns out well!

Helpful Tips

Menopause
The age of is not certain,It may at the age below 40. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.