Skip to content
Have You Done Your Kegels Today?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Just what are kegels and why is it a good idea for you to be doing them? Help improve your sex life, bladder control and any incontinence you are experiencing:

Kegels Directory

How often do you do them? And have you experienced a benefit?

An_245477 responded:
I don't do them very often; I'd say I think about it and do them once every other month. I've not really noticed anything; perhaps the reason being that I've never given birth, thus there hasn't been anything to cause issues.

SantPer responded:
I would love to know more about it. The yoga teacher whose video I watch, includes a step with Kegels - in this case to help build strength for giving birth (if I got it) - but I'm not sure how to perform it correctly.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to An_245477's response:
That's the beauty of Kegels; they're not just for incontinence but can also make intercourse more pleasurable for both partners.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to SantPer's response:
Hi SantPer,

Click on the following link for tips. Easy to do (and they get easier the more you do them) and then reap the benefits:

Kegel Exercises - How To

exwhyzee responded:
I was taught to practice my Kegels at every red light. It has helped tremendously.At 65 no bladder control issues. He loves the fact I can grab hold of him from inside .
practice practice practice.....

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to exwhyzee's response:
Good practice, Exwhyzee!

SantPer replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much, Caprice!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to SantPer's response:
You're very welcome, SantPer.

findadentis12 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for sharing.

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.