Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Jane help Clitoris is bleeding
smjpain posted:
Hi Jane I just wrote you a message but I went up to use the restroom and noticed a little blood when I wiped down there and my clitoris was very sore so I got the mirior out to see exactly wear the blood was coming from and the hood of my clitoris was bleeding a little well early my boyfriend was rubbing that area with his fingers pretty hard and I did tell him to stop and he did because it hurt but there was no blood then. Anyways should I call my GYN and have him check things out it is already really sore down there and I am just concerned that he might of did something wrong I did look it up and it said to get it checked out ASAP. It really burns also could I have a UTI still even if my test from thursday were all negative. What do you recomend I am using an ice pack right now.

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear smjpain: If your partner was fingering you "pretty hard" and your tissues are already friable (easy to bleed), irritation/pain and even some spotting could certainly ensue. If you were my patient I would suggest no further irritation to the area, and cool soaks to the area.

In terms of the UTI symptoms, there are other causes for such symptoms--once an overt infection is ruled out. Here is a link to my blog about some of those other medical conditions:

http://blogs.webmd.com/womens-health/2011/01/causes-of-the-uti-that-isnt.html

Yours,
Jane

An_256807 replied to Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP's response:
I had what seemed to be an allergic reaction to lube during sex, and experienced immediate swelling and itching. I immediately washed off the lube with warm water and patted dry. 3 days later the itching has subsided everywhere except my clitoris, which now when wiped has a bloody residue. its definitely bleeding in a very small amount. Is this something I could wait out avoiding sexual contact etc and any irritating substances or should i see a doctor?

georgiagail replied to An_256807's response:
Unless there is significant pain (which might indicate an infection in this area) time and avoiding sexual contact will allow healing. It might take a while since this is an area that is warm and moist and covered most of the time.

Gail

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.