Skip to content
menopause or going crazy
chivivor posted:
I just turned 48 two months ago something told me to start keeping up with my periods. well everything was fine until this last period started 08/02/2012 it started off light acted like a regular period for a couple of days then got lighter like it was going to stop........ well it began to pick back up 08/12/2012(still on) as if I was starting all over with cramps also don't know what to do I'm moody irritable and at my wits end with this I'm preparing to make a Dr. appointment.

Take the Poll

How many women are going throught this?
  • women between the ages of 45 to 55
  • 100's 1000's
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
This is not menopause and you are not going crazy.

You are having abnormal vaginal bleeding. It is good you are going to get this looked into medically.

Gail

chivivor replied to georgiagail's response:
thanks

Anon_6061 responded:
You're at the age when periods tend to be or start to become irregular (perimenopause) due to lack of ovulaton. Hopefully that's all it is but good you're having it checked out.

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.