Skip to content
Spinal Cord Stimulator
shannbud posted:
HI, I am 27 and I have two herniated discs in my lower back that are causing a great deal of pain. My pain doctor wants to try and get my insurance to cover a spinal cord stimulater to be put in my lower back surgically. I've been on pain meds and am doing physical therapy. I'm going to try water therapy. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has had bad reactions to the stimulator or good reactions. I'm on disability because I also have crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and a seizure disorder. I fear that the stimulator will mess with my seizures or cause them. I have found some basic info on the internet, but I want to know what other people have experienced using it, and if I'm too young and should wait a few years.
Thank you so much.
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Shannbud and welcome to WebMD,

I encourage you to repost your message on our Pain Management board and while you're waiting for responses there, do some reading; there are some previous discussions on the SCS there.
shannbud replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Sorry, I didn't realize there was a pain discussion board. I just wanted to hear specifically from other women who have experienced anything similar to what I am experiencing. Does this mean everything I already wrote isn't posted because I posted it wrong? Thank you for letting me know about this. I've never posted before.

Sincerely, Shannbud

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.