Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
prolapse and sex?
Anon_11417 posted:
I have a prolapse, I don't know if it is a vaginal one or a bladder one. I have had this for about 6 months. It does not bother me, it is just there sticking out of my vagina a little. But, my main question is, is it possible to still have sex with this prolapse? I am a little afraid to try having any sex in the event that it could cause a problem or an injury. Please let me know. Thank you.

smjpain responded:
This should be checked out by your GYN ASAP that is not normal to have.Please get it checked because it could cause bigger problems if not.

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear Anon: smjpain is correct you should get it checked out. I concur it does sound like some type of prolapse--possibly a cystocele. Any prolapse will appear at its largest when you are standing or bearing down. It will be at its least when you are lying down (eg as in a regular pelvic exam or intercourse position). It will not harm any thing to have intercourse with a prolapse if it is still comfortable for you to have sex. Most partners would not be aware of a small to moderate cystocele.

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.