Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    prolapse and sex?
    Anon_11417 posted:
    I have a prolapse, I don't know if it is a vaginal one or a bladder one. I have had this for about 6 months. It does not bother me, it is just there sticking out of my vagina a little. But, my main question is, is it possible to still have sex with this prolapse? I am a little afraid to try having any sex in the event that it could cause a problem or an injury. Please let me know. Thank you.
    smjpain responded:
    This should be checked out by your GYN ASAP that is not normal to have.Please get it checked because it could cause bigger problems if not.
    Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
    Dear Anon: smjpain is correct you should get it checked out. I concur it does sound like some type of prolapse--possibly a cystocele. Any prolapse will appear at its largest when you are standing or bearing down. It will be at its least when you are lying down (eg as in a regular pelvic exam or intercourse position). It will not harm any thing to have intercourse with a prolapse if it is still comfortable for you to have sex. Most partners would not be aware of a small to moderate cystocele.


    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.