Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Jane Might have to have Cuff fixed again
smjpain posted:
Hi Jane well I will be seeing my Doc in the morning the reason why they think it could be my appendix is because my white counts have been slightly off and I have been having severe pain nausea and diarha also a low grade fever. Anyways the vaginal stuff since going to Iowa City isn't any better. I do think I have B.V tonight my Boyfriend came over and we wanted to try having sex bad idea it hurt but I let him keep going until he cumed inside me and well lets just say I started crying because it felt like I was on fire. I went and took a shower ASAP and he had to help me I look like a tomato and I didn't tell him it hurt because I was caught up in the moment I should have. I also should have not had sex but I thought it might make me feel better I have an apt. with my GYN on wed. But right now I am very sore and bright red . I am also bleeding a little I am scared he broke my cuff open why is this going on. I also thought I was feeling a little better but that was because of the large amount of pain meds I am on.

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear smjpain: It would be less common for intercourse to have broken the suture line at the back of the vaginal cuff--unless there was already a breakdown/infection of the suture line. The spotting could be from either traumatized vaginal tissues or granulation tissue at the back of the vaginal cuff.

Gosh, we hope you don't have appendicitis. That would be the ultimate irony to have to go back in for the appendix after your complete hysterectomy.

I also appreciate your insight that you thought things were better because of the prescription pain medication. Now, after attempting sex you must really have total pelvis pain.

Let us know what happens after your visit.

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.