Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How long for period after stopping birthcontrol?
An_247879 posted:
Recently my wife went off of birthcontrol because we're starting to think about starting a family within the next year or so. She took birthcontrol pills for 13-14 years and most recently used the Nuvaring for 2 months before stopping synthetic birthcontrol, while on all forms of birthcontrol her cycle was a very consistent 28 days. Since stopping 39 days ago she's still without a period and is experiencing mood swings, blooting, periodic cramps and some others symtoms that contribute to major discomfort. She currently takes prenatal vitamins, are there any vitamins that she can take or any suppliments/remedies to help aid her body to help get it back on track so she hopefully gets her period soon plus get her back on a normal menstural cycle?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Some women have their period immediately after going off birth control while others take a few months and still others, up to a year. There isn't anything she can do other than see her doctor her can help jump-start her period.

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.