Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Jane did you get my Question about STD'S
smjpain posted:
Hi Jane I know you just responded to my question but I forgot to ask since he did ejaculate inside me this time should I get tested and why did it burn so bad to the point I had to go take a shower. I go to my GYN on wed. Why am I still so red and swollen and there is a strong fishy odor plus a little blood still what is going on with me also it wasn't very fun either it hurt very bad.Thanks for your Reply!

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear smjpain: It seems like you have had one or two complete STD screenings (including cultures) after being with your boyfriend. Unless he has other lovers, those screenings should still be accurate. But your own GYN can help you with that decision to re-screen.

It's hard to know if the burning was related to the actual ejaculate (some women are sensitive to the proteins from the prostate-produced fluid)--or whether it was the chronic, super inflamed vaginal/vulvar tissues. Given the uncomfortable outcome you could consider condom use (STD insurance and protection from ejaculate proteins)--or even non-penetrative sex. Sometimes "pelvic rest" (no intercourse) can allow for tissue healing. Even the BV smell worsens in the presence of the alkaline pH of ejaculate.

In Support,
Jane

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.