Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sex after Hysterectomy
smjpain posted:
Okay I am on this board alot well recently I have been having alot of Vaginal problems. I also have experienced sex for the first time a month ago and it was very painful, and has been since then. I had a Total Hysterectomy in 2011 and well sunday me and my B.F had sex again and it was painful and caused me to bleed this time he ejaculated inside me and that was also bad because it caused severe burning and I had to run to take a shower. Tonight we did it again and it hurt once again and I can seem to get turned on. It ticks me off so much I feel like I am being torn apart I also am worried about getting STD's but he has only been with one other person besides me. Should I get tested. I know bleeding isn't normal either which I have I saw my GYN today but didn't tell him I usually do but I was more woried about what he was telling me he might have to re-open one of my Surgery inscions because it has been hurting alot and might be infected I also have noticed a strong fishy smell after sex I probably will talk with my GYN in the morning. I should also add that I can usually orgasim when I am alone. It just hurts so much even though we are well lubricated what should I do.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.