Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bartholin cyst HELP!!!
mlandon2 posted:
I had surgery on a bartholin cyst five years ago and no problems at all. I was married two months ago and was a virgin. I was already having issues with sex since it was painful. Now my cyst is back. I had it drained 5 days ago and its back already. I have done the baths and hot compress. I also tried a homeopathic remedy using tea tree oil, calamine lotion, and witch hazel. I am desperate. Having it lanced last week was the most traumatizing experience of my life. Simply going to the gyno makes me nervous and I cry. Thinking about the event makes me cry, the fact that I cannot be intimate with my brand new husband makes me cry. I just feel so lost, and I am hoping that someone has advice or something I can do. I do not want to go through surgery again, that alone was awful the first time. PLEASE HELP!

smjpain responded:
I know it hurt when you had it lanced open but having delt with this before and leaving it alone I ended up getting MRSA. I would recomened you get to a Doctor ASAP to have it lanced open they might be able to numb the area first then put packing in so it stay's open.

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.