Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Orgasm after a hysterectomy
trusse posted:
I had a hysterectomy at the age of 40. I still have my ovaries but I cannot have an orgasm or cum. My obgyn is not help full at all and I don't know what to do. I heard about Vagifem but my doctor will not prescribe it for me, Does bioidentical hormone replacement therapy work. I am at my wits end.

Anon_5366 responded:
Maybe a second opinion would help you.

Anon_6061 responded:
My ability to orgasm is greatly diminished too since my hysterectomy. I don't have any libido either and don't lubricate normally. When I have an orgasm, it's clitoral (versus uterine). Clitoral orgasms are small ripples compared to the tidal waves of uterine orgasms. To put it bluntly, it sucks! Will your doctor not Rx Vagifem because you don't have vaginal dryness??

trusse replied to Anon_6061's response:
No she won't, I finally got my insurance to cover a med device called the Eros clitoral pump so I am praying this helps

Anon_6061 replied to trusse's response:
I read about Eros some time ago. Please let us know if it works!! Hoping and praying it does!

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.