Please Help
An_248008 posted:
Last Tuesday night, I noticed that my vagina was a severely itchy about 6pm, and I scratched it, and only made it worse. Then the lips became very swollen that night. I put hydro-cortisone cream on it, and slept with no underwear to air things out. I take a shower every other day, and Wednesday was shower day. Everything was like normal. Vaginal discharge has been normal. Thursday night it became itchy again, and I noticed that I had a little bit of a rash, and its mostly on the left side. Now the lips are not swollen, but the outside of the vagina is. I have been using all the same fabric softeners, soap, etc for the past six months. And I've never used tampons. I wear cotton underwear and panty liners, unscented. I do use cornstarch unscented baby powder. I have been overweight for the last 4 yrs. Im 21 and have never douched. There is a small bump just to the left of the lip on the left side close to the bottom of my vagina. Never had a yeast infection.

georgiagail responded:
This may possible be a fungal infection; this is an excellent area of the body for this to occur in.

Gail

An_248008 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks for your reply. I thought it might be, but wasn't sure. I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what it was for sure and how to treat it at home if possible.

georgiagail replied to An_248008's response:
Unfortunately, internet diagnosing is rarely accurate or useful.

Gail

An_248008 replied to georgiagail's response:
I guess I'll just wait until it goes away on its own then. Thanks for your help.

tlkittycat1968 replied to An_248008's response:
It may not go away on it's own and may just get worse. You need to be checked out by a doctor.