Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Biggest Health Concern Is...
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What is your current biggest health concern? What concerns do you have for your future health?

meghan427 responded:
My biggest health concern right now is I might have prolactinoma. (a tumor on/near the pitutiary gland that produces an excessive amount of prolactin in your bloodstream.)

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to meghan427's response:
Hi Meghan,

When will you know for sure and what is the treatment plan?

meghan427 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I will know if i have a high prolactin level on wed. Then i will have a ct or mri to see how big the tumor is. if it is relativly small then i will be started on a medicine call bromocriptine but if it is large i will have to have surgery to remove it. I have no insurance so it will take me sometime to get the money for the mri or ct unless my mediciad kick in soon which is what i am hoping. This is scarey for me even though it not life threating. I am only 28 years old and have 2 small children 8 and 6. And this is the longest 7 days of my life. lol. but hopefully all will workout.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to meghan427's response:
I hope medicaid kicks in soon for you, Jeghan. Let us know what you find out on Wednesday. (((hugs)))

An_248195 responded:
I'm 48 years old and have had 30 years of normal pap results. This year I received an abnormal pap test (new lab). I was diagnosed with "a very rare atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance". What does this diagnosis really mean? Should I be concerned with my health? Or be concerned with using this lab/pathologist?

meghan427 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Ok so no prolactinoma (no tumor) yay!! but now more test....wish I knew what was going on:(

butterflygarden responded:
My biggest health concern right now is my weight. I know that I weigh more than I should, and that it affects my overall health.

I'm going back on Weight Watchers, and hoping to drop 10 lbs by the end of this month.

Butterfly

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.