My Biggest Health Concern Is...
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What is your current biggest health concern? What concerns do you have for your future health?

meghan427 responded:
My biggest health concern right now is I might have prolactinoma. (a tumor on/near the pitutiary gland that produces an excessive amount of prolactin in your bloodstream.)

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to meghan427's response:
Hi Meghan,

When will you know for sure and what is the treatment plan?

meghan427 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I will know if i have a high prolactin level on wed. Then i will have a ct or mri to see how big the tumor is. if it is relativly small then i will be started on a medicine call bromocriptine but if it is large i will have to have surgery to remove it. I have no insurance so it will take me sometime to get the money for the mri or ct unless my mediciad kick in soon which is what i am hoping. This is scarey for me even though it not life threating. I am only 28 years old and have 2 small children 8 and 6. And this is the longest 7 days of my life. lol. but hopefully all will workout.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to meghan427's response:
I hope medicaid kicks in soon for you, Jeghan. Let us know what you find out on Wednesday. (((hugs)))

An_248195 responded:
I'm 48 years old and have had 30 years of normal pap results. This year I received an abnormal pap test (new lab). I was diagnosed with "a very rare atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance". What does this diagnosis really mean? Should I be concerned with my health? Or be concerned with using this lab/pathologist?

meghan427 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Ok so no prolactinoma (no tumor) yay!! but now more test....wish I knew what was going on:(

butterflygarden responded:
My biggest health concern right now is my weight. I know that I weigh more than I should, and that it affects my overall health.

I'm going back on Weight Watchers, and hoping to drop 10 lbs by the end of this month.

Butterfly