Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Hi Jane Vaginal Physical Therapy not going well
smjpain posted:
Hi Jane so a few days of PT and severe pain so I had to call my PT yesturday she said stop for awhile and ice all painful areas and call back in the morning if still no better so I had to call her back on the 28th and she said to schedule an apt. with her right away the only thing is she can't see me until the 10th but she doesn't want me to do any pt. until I see her and to use ice and Baking soda baths and to monitor the spotting and discharge which also started again. Plus she said call back on monday and she might be able to get me in sooner.Also on the 28th I saw my regular GYN well he isn't sure what to do yet so he is talking with my GYN vulva specialist but until they decide what to do I am stuck taking pain meds which I didn't really want to do. He thinks he might have to do some procedure but not sure yet.I just want the pain to go away Jane I can't take this stuff anymore and I know he is trying but why does the extrem pelvic pain keep coming back. He said something about posibly seeing a Urogyncologyst not sure Thanks for your Reply!
Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear smjpain: Dang, the only bright spot here is that your primary GYN is trying to formulate a plan under consultation from your vulvar specialist. ...So hard to know what is causing the spotting, discharge, and inflammation. If another procedure is contemplated would that be on the abdominal incision--or something vaginal?


Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.