Skip to content
What Is In Your Purse?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you still carry a purse? If not, how do you carry your wallet, keys, phone, etc.? If you have a purse or other kind of pack, what can always be found in there?

I still carry a purse most of the time which holds a wallet, checkbook (yes, still need those sometimes though very rarely nowadays), keys, cell phone, digital camera, lip balm, lipstick, certain meds, tampons 'cause, well, you never know.

How about you?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Nope, don't carry a purse anymore. I used a wallet on a string for everyday use and a backpack with everything else for work.

As for what I keep in it, money, receipts, credit cards, pen, & checkbook.

I usually just carry my keys which can be dangerous as once I left them in the restroom at a store. Luckily, someone turned them in. My cell phopne is clipped to my waist or in a case I can either cary on my shoulder like a purse or wear around my neck.

When I did have a puse, it weighed a ton. I used to keep a rainbow of highlighters, numerous pens, pencils, compact scissors, a small ruler, along with my wallet.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Yes, they CAN weigh a ton, can't they? I keep trying to simplify and I've begun to use a backpack for some excursions instead - much better!

tlkittycat1968 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
My mom has a small purse but it still feels like she carries a brick in there.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I know how that can be, Tlkittycat. LOL

SweetSusieB responded:
Oh I carry a purse, and the question is, what don't I have in my purse.

When I was a young Mom I always had a purse full of stuff and all the things I thought I needed. Now kids grown and I still have a purse full of stuff!

The thing is large big purses are in style, I buy them and then before I know it, I'm filling it up!

Let's see, my large wallet, make up, brush, coupons, a little bag of pills, like Tylenol and any vitamins I'm taking.

Another little bag of receipts and papers I think I'll need.
My phone and the side zipper full of lipsticks and glosses and a mirror for when I reapply! And a sweater or wrap of some sorts.

TMI???

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to SweetSusieB's response:
Nah, not TMI, Susie! I think you're not alone in filling up those big purses.

Hey, one thing I've learned to do is use my phone's reverse camera as a mirror for reapplying lipstick and checking teeth, etc. Smart phones can be used for all sorts of things. (And rarely as an actual phone.)

butterflygarden responded:
When my kids were small I always carried a huge purse and my entire life was in there!

As my kids have gotten older I find I don't need all that stuff.

In my purse right now is my wallet, some lip balm, a mini-sized hand lotion, a tampon, my car keys, a pack of gum, a few receipts, an emory board, my cell phone, and a two-pack of ibuprofen tablets.

If I am traveling, I generally add more medications in those easy-to-care little packs: tums, Tylenol, Benadryl, etc. And, a couple of bandaids...just in case.

Butterfly

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to butterflygarden's response:
Bandaids are always handy.

Kelley4321 responded:
I'm like SweetSusieB and was a Girl Scout so I am prepared.

I usually have a sippy cup full of water and a bottled water in addition to wallet, cell phone, wipes, extra pair of underwear for my kiddo, sunscreen, coupons, pouch with tampons, panty liners, lip gloss, neosporin, bandaids, sewing kit, advil, tissues,,,,

No wonder my neck and shoulder hurt!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Kelley4321's response:
Wow, Kelley! I think I should hang out with you. I'll never be unprepared no matter what the mishap!

And yeah, ouch!

(That's one reason I began lightening my own purse and started using small backpacks more.... much easier on the shoulder, neck and back.)

jwhw69 responded:
yes i still have a purse..i only have in it tho is my wallet, hand lotion) an my agenda, smaller pockets i have headach pills an tums. occasionaly my husband throws in his cigs. ive been thinking tho about just goin 2 a wallet on a string type thing.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to jwhw69's response:
I'm considering a simpler/small thing too, Jwhw.

chelleKay responded:
I am lost without my purse. Along with the "normal" checkbook, keys, cellphone. wallet, brush, breath mints, and lipstick, I also carry a checkbook sized calendar. They can be found to last for one or two years. This has replaced the once necessary "day planner". I use this to keep up with b-days, doctor appts, and just about anything that needs to be done ny a certain date. There are "slips" in both front and back that allows me to keep Rx's, appt cards, and anything that has important info on it that I need. I also carry a detailed 2 page list of all Doctors I see, the drugs they have prescribed along with a brief history of what has been happening, health wise lately. This is updated after each Dr appt. as I suffer from several illnesses and diseases. My phone has taken the place of the once carried small address book. Although it only has the # of who I need to reach, there are so many, without the phone, I would need small book for these things. I also carry "Lady products" for obvious reasons.. Down sizing my purse is impossible now. I do not carry a huge bag as in the past,as I have been able to downsize with phone, and calendar. My life is in my purse

chelleKay replied to SweetSusieB's response:
I can relate!!!

Helpful Tips

My problem
I am 18yrs old female. I am a very sensitive and innocent girl. This incident happened last year. I had an affair with my boyfriend. After ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.