Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
28 years old had hystorictomy left one overy two years later hot flashes minopause or stress that im getting married in two months
jennypooh posted:
im 28 years old and had a hystorictomy two years ago i had a subcloriionic bleed when i was pregnant with my lil girl and for two years after she was born i bleed dr tried everything to help iud and oblasions nothing stopped the bleeding i was sick and in pain a ct scane showed my utrus was distended with blood so i had to have a full hystorictomy she left me my left overy for hormonies due to my age i was only 25 at the time but now im having hot flashes dreams im on fire and i wake up needing a drink and a fan and im not feeling like myself i get anxity and no energy im getting married in two months and im under alot of stress so is it stress or minapause

Take the Poll

stress or minapause
  • stress
  • overy stopped working
vote
View Poll Results

Anon_6061 responded:
How awful to have gone through all that! Your symptoms sound like your ovary is failing which isn't all that uncommon after hysterectomy. And happens more often or earlier when there's only one ovary versus both. Google "pubmed ovarian failure hysterectomy" for studies showing this connection.

Your doctor should be able to check your hormone levels to see if you're in menopause or appear to be headed there (FSH estradiol level). However, some women report these types of symptoms yet blood work looks "normal." Since loss of ovarian function increases risk of health problems as well as reduces quality of life, it wouldn't be unreasonable to consider taking estrogen especially since you're so young.

I had a complete hysterectomy and take estrogen. It has helped my mood, anxiety, sleep, and menopause type symptoms.

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.