1st month on BC questions
Treener posted:
I am 39 years old and I have never been on BC. I have had extremely heavy and painfull periods my whole life. I have been on prescription naproxen for years but I don't find that it works so I take 800mg of advil every two hours for the first two days of my period which then causes chest pain from heart burn. I also have 3 ovarian cysts that never go away but don't decrease in size either.
So my gyno put me on Yaz BC this month. I started the pack mid cycle using the quick start method which may have caused the problem i'm having.
I started my period on day 20 of the pill pack(24 active pills). normally my period is 3 days long but today is the 5th day and I will be starting the white placebo pills. My question is, should I take the sugar pills even though I think my period may actually stop today and just start the next pack or should I take the 4 sugar pills and possibly restart my period? It has been more painfull this time i think because I have flowed heavy for 5 days versus 3.
I know it may take 3 packs to adj, but since I started mid cycle with the first pack, I wonder if I should adj this pack to start on Sunday?
Thanks

fcl responded:
You take the pills according to the order in the pack NOT according to when you get your period. If you start changing the order you are going to mess up your cycle even more. Take them as prescribed.

Treener responded:
I took them as prescribed and my period lasted 9 days and I was in pain for 5...
So this month I was taking the pack properly and then on day 14 I missed the pill and didn't remember until I went to take pill 15. So I took both pills at once as per my booklet and now on day 16, I'm having terrible period paid and my period started. Should I expect to have my period now until the end of the pack just like last time or will the bleeding subside in a few days? This isn't working out well.