Skip to content
No period for months after miscarriage and DNC
An_248366 posted:
My daughter had a threatened miscarriage and miscarried April 4th 2012.
She had a serious infection and was in the hospital for four days on IV anti-biotics. Since then she has yet to have a m/c. She has been to two male doctors that don't seem to be worried. She's had blood tests done and a sonogram that indicated that the endometreum lining had thickened. She's had symptoms of monthly cramping etc, but no period. Her first doctor from the hospital put her on BC pills to help regulate her cycle. That did not have the effect he was hoping. He then told her (without blood tests and no pelvic) that she had "Asherman's syndrome" and the cervix was blocked due to scar tissue. She has no insurance, and I'm afraid she is getting horrible treatment. Dr # 1 said he could give her something to dilate her cervix and then "poke holes" in the cervix close together to open it up. I am trying to not over react for my daughters sake, but that sounds barbaric.....expecially since he did not perform a pelvic exam. I am very concerned about endometreosis for her. She is 29....and does not have any children.

Can you point us in a better direction? We're in the process of looking for a female doctor this time....but it's hard to get in as a new patient.
Thank you for your help!

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.