Skip to content
Abnormal Bleeding
Mel2day posted:
I have had abnormal bleeding since July 7, 2012. I do not have cramping with it and the blood is dark brown to black and not a large amt like my normal cycle. The first time in July lasted 2 1/2 wks, Aug lasted 6 days, then started bleeding again two weeks later on Sept 9 that lasted until Sept 24, then again two weeks later on Oct 6 and so far on day 5. I am having some pelvic pain though and pressure/fullness....was definitely worse with a tampon in and when my husband and I had intercourse two weeks ago. I do have PCOS, a history of PE's(pulmonary embolisms) due to birth control, and history of miscarriage.

I saw my OB/GYN today, he told me several things: 1) that it is good that I am on Metformin again for my PCOS (recently put back on it from the endo); 2) that the abnormal bleeding could be caused by an abnormal growth or precancerous cells due to my history with irregular periods and so forth; 3) I may have to have a hysteroscopy w/ a d&C to try to find the issue and then send the samples to a pathologist for further evaluation; 4) and that to first evaluate what is going on I will need an ultrasound.

So talk about a lot to take in but I am glad he was very straight forward with me in talking about all possibilities. I have my ultrasound on Tues Oct 16th and then will have to await the results, something that I am not good at....waiting. So we will see but in the mean time has anyone else had this happen and what was your outcome?

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.