Skip to content
Light period/spotting
Kennie103 posted:
So here's a little history....
Earlier this year I had my regular pap smear and check up at my GYN and everything came back normal. I also have some cysts on my ovaries (but according to the Dr. not enough, and i also don't have any of the symptoms to be officially diagnosed with PCOS).

Anyway, my last period was September and it was really heavy and lasted exactly 7 days (which is long for me, it usually lasts about 5). Also, recently I have started working out a lot. More than usual. And since then I've noticed about 2 weeks after my period I got a really really light period for about a week. And now the same thing again this week, but it's so light it's like spotting as well.

I'm not sure what's causing this. If it's the excessive exercise (which I also started in September) or something else.....

Any advice or thoughts on what it could be are welcome....

LillianaHicksss responded:
Usually a light period can be caused by the exercise

Kennie103 replied to LillianaHicksss's response:
what also concerns me is that it hasn't been a month yet. So i'm having light bleeding inbetween. Waiting to see if I still get my regular period this month. I just started spotting yesterday. And i had a light period the last week in September. It's so frequent.

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.