Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
too thick endometrine lining
redmedusa posted:
I have had svere to moderate pain for a few years my periods are very irregular here recently in the past two years the pain is getting worse it feels like medium to ending pain contractions my hips hurt also my toes feel numb at times a few months before my last child whom is six weeks now i remember getting up and feeling like i was dying it has happened several times but usual doesnt last so long it feels like the very ending contractions in my back and down my hips and sharp pains in abdomen in the lower part above vagina it hurt so bad this time it lasted for a few hours i thought maybe if i went to bath room it would stop but i didnt have to use the bath room and i had cold sweats and crying i went and laid down and prayed myself to sleep it began to ease but i constantly have pains now all through my hips my lower back down the back part of my hips and my stomach i was supose to go have a biopsy done but didnt have means to get there and ended up pregnant a few months later about four it does hurt and is uncomfortable during sex i feel the same thing happen my lower back begins feeling like contractions and my lower front above vagina it it is medium pain and for a few days after it stays this way my grandmother died of uterine cancer but i do not know her symptoms or anything and i have an aunt with endometriosis i am unsure what to beleive just wanted ome input before I go have the tests done and everything if they can right now sense i just had the baby

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear redmedusa: You have some significant family history (aunt with endometriosis) which MIGHT put you at risk for the pain to be caused by endometriosis. Yet given that you are now six weeks postpartum (hope I am tracking you correctly) I would be wondering if your current pain is related to a postpartum pelvic infection or something related to your delivery, or even a disc injury.

From your subject line it sounds like you had a too thick uterine lining found on ultrasound, and that you were slated to have a uterine lining biopsy--cancelled because of pregnancy. A too thick lining does not usually cause pain symptoms. A too thick lining can possibly progress to uterine cancer, but that tends to be a long term process. Also it is unlikely for a too thick lining to persist after a pregnancy/delivery.

Your current severe level of abdominal/hip pain does mandate further exams and testing. PLEASE, please go back to your OB/GYN for follow up. If need be they can refer you to another specialty to assess for other causes.

In Concern,
Jane

redmedusa replied to Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP's response:
thank you I have been to my ob she said that it wont be a short fix she ordered a palvic a hip exray and another sonogram she said theres a few things it could be she said endometriosis could be as well she gave me mild pain meds that are safe for breast feeding but i dont like taking meds i only do if its severe or untolerable but i have in the past week had a diffrent sensation twice i felt like i had to pee extremely bad like i was gunna pee on my self alongwith the cramping feeling and sharp pains but i could not pee and it started hurting extremely bad and lasted for lil over an hour then eased off and so i tried drink alot of water to make me pee and it only happened twice if its infection what would that mean cause she did tests in her microscope she said i seemed perfectly healthy under the scope she just did a pap

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP replied to redmedusa's response:
Dear redmedusa: Thanks for the feedback. Fortunately it sounds like your OB is taking the pain seriously, including evaluating for a hip issue.

Yes, it does sound like a urinary tract infection (UTI) yet there are a couple of other conditions which can cause UTI-like symptoms. One is an infection or inflammation in the urethra (often chlamydia is the cause). If you are in a monogamous relationship this is not likely. One can also have a bladder spasm which causes extreme urgency and a bad cramp. If the urinary symptoms persist your OB will retest for a UTI, and evaluate for other culprits.

Yours,
Jane

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.