Skip to content
Having sex for the third time
An_248398 posted:
Hi, I am 19 years old and I have just started to become sexually active....and when i did have sex for the first time i wasn't on the birth control pill..but as soon as I got back home i took it that night cause i was scared and thought that since i just had sex and i was going to get pregnant. and then i have not missed taking my birth control pills and taken it at the same time every morning. So i have had sex with my boyfiriend three times..the first time i didnt bleed as much but the second time i bled alot more and then the third time i hardly bleed and now after the third time i had my peiord and now i havent stopped bleeding. I dont know what to do.

Jess1988 responded:
I had something similar to this happen to me a few months after I started taking birth control. My period lasted for almost 2 weeks. I ended up going to the ER because of it. They said it was just because of my birth control and my body getting use to it. It is def a good idea for you to talk to your doctor about it though just to be on the safe side. You can never be to sure about things like that.

Anon_160335 responded:
You need to see a doctor/GYN if you do not have insurance, is there a free clinic or planned parenthood you can go to?

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.