Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lookin in multiple places for help with this ASAP
munyokoeshna posted:
I am on birth control and i didn't plan on having sex, I am horrified mortified and scared to death to get pregnant. anyways. I am on the third pill on the last row, the placebo pills, i'm lightly bleeding, an it had a lil brown in it but. . I was wondering could I/should I take one-two pills from the new packet to be safe? I had sex the other night and he pulled out but i'm horrorified I can't afford plan B an the hospital would be able to get me script in time

georgiagail replied to munyokoeshna's response:
If you have been taking your birth control as prescribed, you are protected against pregnancy even on the week of placebo pills.

Gail

fcl responded:
You'll be fine. The pill is extremely effective as contraceptives go. There is no need for Plan B nor for taking extra pills. Breathe ...

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.