Skip to content
Birth Control Pills in Microwave
Miketheswimfanatic posted:
Hi,

My wife accidently put her birth control pill on her plate and put it in the microwave. Does this have any affect on the pill? Mind you she can be a little absent minded. While putting away the ice cream we had bought from the store, she put her new package of pills in there as well. I found them the next day getting chicken out to defrost. Does freezing have any affect either?

Thanks

Mike

georgiagail responded:
Heat (i.e., as in cooking the microwave) will certainly negatively affect the hormones in her birth control pills.

Gail

Miketheswimfanatic replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail,

Thanks! That can't be any worse than her putting the box in with ice cream the other day can it? Oy vey! She is so absent minded sometimes. I am going to assume that the freezer wasn't any better?

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.