Skip to content
PAINFUL GYN EXAM
Darcy01 posted:
Had my yearly GYN exam to include pelvic examination and pap smear. I have always had exam performed by the Doctor but was informed right before the exam that a Nurse Practitioner would be performing the exam. Sometime after the time this Yearly Wellness exam was scheduled the Doctor starting using the Nurse Practitioner to handle the "overflow" of patients. She showed me no privacy during the breast exam or the pelvic exam. She was extremely rough and when I got home I had blood on my underwear. I have never had such a HORRIBLE experience. I did address that I thought this was the worse GYN experience I had ever had and she indicated she was sorry. I inquiried before leaving the exam room if next years exam could be performed by the Doctor and was told that I could just to have the front desk NOTE that in my chart. I feel that I need to say something to at least the office manager about this situation.

Take the Poll

T.
  • Should Doctor office be notified of less than satifactory vist?
  • Change Doctors?
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I would inform your doctor of your less than satisfactory visit. It may not be the first complaint regarding the nurse practitioner and the doctor will see there is a pattern.

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.