Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Whoa_as_me posted:
I don't know how really to explain this appropriately so here goes...My cycle has been getting strange. It's been lasting a little longer and it's "watery"! It's still bloody but it's like it's watered down...It's weird and I dont know if I expressing it correctly but is this something to be concerned about?????!
Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear Whoa_as_me: If your flow is now lasting longer than seven days, that would be considered out of the normal range. A more "watery" flow MIGHT be caused by a number of things including: mixing with increased vaginal discharge, an infection, or a problem with the lining of the uterus. The only way to know for sure is to see a GYN or your local family planning clinic. They can give you an answer after checking your age, risks for abnormal cells of the uterine lining, etc.


Helpful Tips

I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.