Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post Hysterectomy/Bladder tuck
skidooprncess posted:
I had a lapriscopic/vaginal hysterectomy this past June. While they were in there, i had them do a bladder tuck as i am 41 and was extremely tired of sneezing and peeing. Never any leakage otherwise, could hold my pee all day if i had to. Granted it has only been a few months, however it seems as though i can't hold my pee any more. I pee more frequently and when i have to go, I HAVE TO GO. I get a massive pressure in my abdomen if i don't (as if i have been holding it all day and am at my limit). And lately, i have been getting up in the wee hours of the AM because i have to go. Never did that before unless i drank alot prior to going to bed and didn't empty my bladder before retiring for the night. Has anyone been in the same situation as me? Is this temporary? Did they do TOO good of a job with the bladder tuck? Do i have to go back in and have them fix it so that this doesn't continue to happen? Second, Since i had the lapriscopic hysterectomy they blew me up with air i am guessing (I looked like i was three times my normal size when i left the hospital). I am currently 15 pounds heavier than i was prior to the surgery. I am quite flatulent (never was before) and still cannot button my pants, some clothing i can't even get into. I am eating normally (as i did prior to the surgery), started exercising again once given the ok. Am i destined to go buy bigger clothing, or will this subside? Any idea how long? Very depressing and frustrating at the same time. :crying:

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.