Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
AFTER LAPROSCOPIC SUREGY
Parmi posted:
HI ALL,

I had laproscopic surgery because of PCOS.

After laproscopic surgery - next month cycle I am having sex conti from the 4th day. Now I am facing little lower abdominal pain and seeing a little white color gelly is from vagina. Today I am on 14th day of my cycle.

Please suggest what is this reason for?

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear Parmi: If the laproscopic surgery used a laser to drill holes in an ovary or to remove a small wedge of ovarian tissue, one would hope that result would be a return of ovulations. One of the signs of an ovulation can be an "egg white" type vaginal discharge. This is cervical mucus and usually suggests an ovulation. One caution, sometimes women with PCOS will get what looks like fertile cervical mucus, but it may be the result of a spike of estrogen rather than an actual ovulation. Another sign of an ovulation can be a sudden onset cramp.

In your specific case let's hope this is an ovulation that will lead to a desired pregnancy. Ultimately, your GYN or reproductive endocrinologist, can give you the most for sure answer for the mild cramping and jelly-like secretions.

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.