Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bleeding before period, while on bcp's
An_248561 posted:
I can't really tell what is going on with my body. Today (10/20) I bleed for a few minutes ( brown discharge and bright red blood) after I used the bathroom it got lighter and turned more into a light pink, after that there wasn't any more bleeding. My last period started on 09/30 only bleed for about 3 days but it didn't completely finish till 10/5. I have been on birth control pills for about 2 months . I'm on the beginning of the second week of a new pack. So I wasn't expecting my period for another 2 weeks. I don't know if I may be pregnant or if there is something wrong . One last thing once I finished my period I didn't start a new pack till 10/10. For this period of time I was having unprotected sex. Should I be getting checked for anything? What could be wrong?

georgiagail responded:
Since you engaged in unprotected intercourse between pills, it would be a good idea to take a pregnancy test to rule this in or out.

Otherwise, if not pregnant, this may simply be a bit of bleeding from your body being confused regarding being on, then off, then on again with the hormone containing birth control.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Spotting
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.