Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    What type of option I have ?
    chivivor posted:
    My Dr. has said that I may have many small fibroids , or adenomyosis now I'm a little scared because I want hime to tell me how he's going to determine hich of the two it is ??? I'm 48 years old I've had a tubal and my boyfriend and I agree neither want kids . The problem is we have a very Healthy sex life and I don't want it to change. This might become(possible surgery) A problem for ME!!!
    Remebering my first birth.
    georgiagail responded:
    What makes you believe that any surgery on your uterus will have a negative effect on your sex life?

    If you have small fibroids and they are not bothering you, there is no need to do anything about them.

    Anon_6061 responded:
    If this isn't causing much of a problem, there's no need to do anything. Any symptoms should improve after menopause. I had a hysterectomy and it negatively affected my sex life. I have no libido. Orgasms (when I can even have one) are disappointing. I have very little feeling "down there."

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.