Skip to content
Late period, spotting, uncertainty
wishona11 posted:
I am 3 days late now, have been spotting very lightly. I mean so light its hard to notice unless your staring either at the toilet paper when you ipe, or staring at the pantiliner your wearing. No cramps. I do have a headache. I am not tired or exhausted, no nausea but no appetite either. I took one hpt and it was negative, so I am completley confused about whats going on.

And yes I am having unprotected sex, I honestly thought I was infertile. I had a c-section in 09 and have unprotected sex for the last 3 years with no pregnancy, so I thought there was something wrong lol.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Two possibilities:

1. You are pregnant and not showing on the test. Some women take longer to show on the test or never show on the test. The women who never show usually have to have a blood test or ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

2. You did not ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

You can either keep testing once a week until you get your next period or you can wait and see if you get your next period. Either way, if you miss a second period and are still getting negative results, see your doctor.

Helpful Tips

My problem
I am 18yrs old female. I am a very sensitive and innocent girl. This incident happened last year. I had an affair with my boyfriend. After ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.