Skip to content
Periods a few times a year?
MyDolceVita posted:
I have seen numerous different gynecologists, OBGYN's, regular doctors, we've had scans done, pelvic ultrasounds and way too many paps. Many of them suspected that this could be caused by PCOS but we've tested for that several times..

I'm beginning to think we'll never find a reason to why my periods have always been irregular, I've never in my life had a normal menstrual cycle. I guess my questions are, does anyone else have this problem, have they found a diagnosis and can this prevent me from getting pregnant?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Some women are irregular for no particular reason. It may make getting pregnant a bit harder but will not prevent you from getting pregnant. As a matter of fact, a regular poster, Georgiagail, was irregular when she was younger and had no problems getting pregnant.

Anon_6061 responded:
If you haven't seen an endocrinologist, that would seem like a reasonable next step. You could have an endocrine problem (thyroid, pituitary, adrenal) that's causing your irregular cycles. There are "general" endocrinologists as well as reproductive endocrinologists.

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.