Skip to content
8 month post ablasion
kikki posted:
I had an (EA)done in march of this yr.no bleeding for 5 months(noticed brown while ovulating)2 times just one day spotted then next week 3 day started out red then black.Last time it lasted 2 1/2 weeks.was given depo shot now 18 days later back to brown spotting going on 3 day.had ultra sound & vag. ultra sound. tech thought she saw a small pocket higher up.could this be the cause.and any idea what they will do next. ( I am a failure on bc with break through bleeding all my life)also found pylops & removed at the time of (EA) Am i too young for a hysto . i am going to be 36 in march.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Anon_6061 responded:
Since you didn't bleed at all for 5 months, maybe this erratic bleeding will settle down soon and you won't need to do anything. Here's a lengthy discussion about ablation side effects - http://forums.webmd.com/3/gynecology-exchange/forum/12649/164#164. Maybe you can find some posts of similar experiences and what they did or how things progressed.

If I could go back in time, I would never have any of my sex organs removed. I lost so much - my sexuality and sex life, my full, healthy-looking hair, my youthful skin, my intact looking figure, my normal, restful sleep, my happy, outgoing mood, my basic taken-for-granted love of life.

kikki replied to Anon_6061's response:
Thank u for the web site. I do have a consult with my Doc. next week. I am just sick of bleed beside the EA for 5 months (it was to good to be true)and now depo shot i am on day 6 bleeding. I told Doc on the phone I am ready for a hysto. I wil just get uterus taken out.

Anon_6061 replied to kikki's response:
Maybe more time on the depo shot or some other birth control would be all you need. Break through bleeding is common when starting birth control. And sometimes you have to try a different one.

If you decide to go the hysto route, hopefully, your experience will be much better than mine. I was a bit older than you when I had mine but still had a healthy sex life and looked a lot younger than my age.

I finally got the answer to the bleeding .I have tears in my uterus. That is what is causing the long time bleeding (now on day13).because we tryed other things it is time for me to make a choice .I am going to have a histo. I am done with this.The DOc is going in to the c section scar.so i will have a longer recovery& no baby this time lol got to have some humor.

Why won't he just repair / suture the tear just like they suture the uterine incision after a c-section? Ablation can cause a tear / perforation of the uterus but why then no bleeding for 5 months? Or could the ablation have made the uterine walls so thin that uterine orgasm caused it to tear? Seems odd.

Anon_6061 responded:
Another interesting thing - some web surfing reveals that these tears can heal on their own (probably like a cut in your skin).

I am the one, that suggested a hysto. im donewith all the options something else is always happen when trying to prevent the bleeding.What are they doing for you or has your prolem resolved on its own ?

The hysto caused more problems than it fixed. And the anatomical effects have gotten worse over time, not better. Hormonal havoc has been difficult too.

what kind of effects. i am keeping my overies & tubes.

am sorry to hear yours didnt work out. i did get a second opion(sorry about spelling)from work she did generall surgery and say my choice was a good one.I did ask about sexual side effects she said shouldnt be .i am guessing cause i will still have hormones. i was confused if o wanted my cervix out she said do not have to worry about Cerv. CA. I am glad i asked a woman Doc. i guess i will take my chance & hope it is the right one. i am on 3 weeks of spotting. just sick of it not good on sex life.Thanks for all your help. will keep u posted i am having it on dec 4 th.

Good luck with it all! I personally miss the strong uterine orgasms that I had during intercourse. Obviously those can no longer happen and I MISS them!! Now I rarely orgasm during intercourse and any orgasm is difficult to achieve and is a disappointment compared to what was. And my sex drive is gone. No one can predict how hysterectomy will affect YOU. It doesn't matter how much sex you can have if it's not pleasurable and satisfying. You know the saying - quality over quantity.

Also, there's about a 40% chance that your ovaries will fail due to loss of blood flow. Do a web search for "ovarian failure after hysterectomy." Check out the Hystersisters "Natural Menopause Post Hysterectomy (Kept Ovaries)" forum if you really want to know what CAN happen.

Cervical cancer is rare - age-adjusted rate for cervix/uterus is only about 8 women in 100,000 - http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/cervix.html. Ovarian cancer is higher - 12.7 in 100,000. Breast cancer is much more common (124.3) but there aren't many women who have them removed to eliminate the risk.

did u keep your ovaries ? i am scared that will happen. did u get both uterine & cervix removed ?

He took it all. But I miss my uterus more than my ovaries. I now have chronic bowel issues, back and hip pain and a disgusting looking "fat" belly even though I weigh less than pre-op. At least do yourself a favor and do some reading of the Hystersisters forums, the Hormone specific ones as well as those listed under "Hysterectomy Special Needs" such as Sexual Dysfunction after Hysterectomy, The Road Less Traveled, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues. I wish I'd known about all these fairly common post-hysterectomy consequences. Not one of them was so much as mentioned to me by my surgeon. And he said that estrogen is like having ovaries. Sure it helps but is nothing like having your own organs and how they work together.

georgiagail replied to Anon_6061's response:
On the other hand, there are many women (like myself) who have undergone hysterectomies who experience NONE of what the previous poster has stated they have undergone.

This surgery is a serious one and one should not enter it lightly; however, keep in mind that one should get opinions on the side effects from this surgery from a fair number of women who have undergone this.

Gail

P.S. My uterus and cervix were removed; kept my ovaries.

Helpful Tips

My problem
I am 18yrs old female. I am a very sensitive and innocent girl. This incident happened last year. I had an affair with my boyfriend. After ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.