Skip to content
Abnormal period
Anon0515 posted:
Hello all, I had a question concerning my period, I was 4 days late, I have never been late before on my period, I am very regular, I start on the day I am suppose to, I took a Pregnancy test and it came back negative, so the 4th day after I was suppose to start, I started my period, it wasn't overly heavy, just had a lot of blood clots, but then my period stopped not even a day later, then a couple of hours later I started again. It's to the point from when I started my period I don't even need a tampon. Can someone please help me and tell me what is going on with my body?? Thanks so much!

Anon_6061 responded:
Probably nothing to worry about. It's very common to have occasional abnormalities in the menstrual cycle including some blood clots. Many things can disrupt a normal cycle, both physical and emotional. At this point, it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about.

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.