Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
JANE NEWS ABOUT SEVERE ITCHING
smjpain posted:
So Jane I got into my GYN yesturday but not without putting up a good fight with his nurse thinking things were no big deal and that I could see him today like my org. apt. but when I mentioned bleeding he wanted to see me. Well first I told him about my PT apt. from friday and itching all weekend then I told him I really didn't want to be examined but he said he had to because he needed to see things and he would try not to hurt me anyways pain like I never could imagine I had tears all over the place and bleeding that was on my outter and inner labia and blisters but then at the opening he saw more blood and white stuff so he had to get the spec in there had to use the smallest one because I was so swollen well I have yeast infection. He wants to see me on monday and put me on three rounds of 150mg difflucan and also he wants my PT in Iowa city to get a culture on thursday and so then I talked with her by email and she wanted to do some further looking at muscles with a speculum anyways she said she will take it slow and she would also be doing more stomach trigger massaging and she will have someone to hold my hand.So that's good I just wish it was thursday and I had already drove there I really feel very comfortable with her plus she is funny.

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear smjpain: At least you have the reason for the severe itching, tenderness, and small breaks in the skin. Three rounds of Difulcan should hopefully do the trick. Yet I am glad for you that a yeast CULTURE is being considered. That should be able to identify the subtype of yeast ("candida") present. There are some uncommon subtypes (eg Candida glabrata) which do not respond as well to our usual treatments for standard yeast (eg Candida albicans).

We are all happy that you have found a PT which not only is bringing some relief, but is FUNNY! I would suspect that you have a good sense of humor in spite of all the varied GYN problems.

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.