Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Severe abdominal pain after a Colposcopy
    KCaputo posted:
    I had a Colposcopy about 2 weeks ago and im still getting abdominal cramping. Sometimes its my lower belly and sometimes its my upper belly. Im so uncomfortable. I just moved to Utah a few days after the colposcopy and i dont have health insurance yet so i cant go to the doctors yet. What can i do to make myself a little bit more comfortable???
    Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
    Dear KCaputo: I would urge you to phone the GYN or clinic that did your colposcopy and report the continued cramping. Your important question is best answered by the GYN who did your procedure. They would know about the number of biopsies, amount of bleeding, or any complications. It may be that the upper abdominal cramping is coincidental to the lower pelvic pain. Alternatively both could be from an infection (less common), or from a bowel problem.

    PLEASE, please give them a call. It is also important for you to have a copy of the colposcopy results and biopsies (if any). If your prior GYN insists that you be seen in Utah your best bet may be the local county family planning clinic, or Planned Parenthood. These tend to do sliding fee scale exams.


    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.