Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Maybe a yeast infection?
Anon_232390 posted:
I think that I have a yeast infection but I am not completely sure. I am just a tiny bit sore which I only notice when I wipe and not every time, Yesterday I had a small amount of cottage cheese, which was then replaced by thick white and then thick clear. ( It is not EWCM ). I am also just a little itchy. It isnt a constant thing so I am not sure. Ive only had 3 yeast infections in my life. Once on a antibiotics and once at the very beginning of my pregnancies. And all of those were alot worse. I am due for my period soon. I have pcos and all those i have af almost every month, it varies between 30 and 35 days. My last period was brown bleed sept 18th... Red bleed sept 24th... 2 weeks later I had one day of very light spotting ( no red ). Anyways this all just started yesterday and I was thinking of getting something OTC. Does this sound like a yeast infection?

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear Anon: If you have no risks for a new STD, and a prior history of yeast, then it is a reasonable option to try an over the counter product containing miconazole or clotrimazole and see if the symptoms abate. It's not uncommon for yeast to overgrow prior to menses.

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.