Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Period Question
An_248654 posted:
I started my period on Oct 14th or so and it ended completely around the 18th/19th. It was fairly regular, if not a little on the strong side. On the 24th, I started bleeding again, essentially starting another period with cramps and everything. (In retrospect, i had cramps and slight nausea on the 23rd, just didn't know why).

Should I be concerned? Or could this just be something random as my period sets into place? I am 19 and have had my period for about 8-9 years. It is often late by a week or so, but never this early. Once or twice it has been a week or so early, but never anywhere near three weeks early.

Thanks.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You are not having a second period, you are experiencing abnormal vaginal bleeding that needs to be checked by a doctor.

Helpful Tips

Tips
Doing yoga, (especially fetal position) always works for me as well as deep breathing, at least for a minute. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.