Skip to content
Early period lasting three weeks.
An_248679 posted:
I am 23 years old and have been on birth control for about a year and a half. I am usually quite regular, sometimes starting my period just a couple days late but never early. This month, I started my period two weeks early. It was normal flow with a lot of cramps, pain, weakness, nausea etc. After one week of that, I had one week of a very light period, mostly just spotting. Now, on week 3, I have started over again with a period with normal flow, cramping and the whole bit. I am unusually tired and have had days where I have been nauseous, have had frequent headaches, experienced some pain, and have had pretty bad pain during and after sex. I really want to know what my problem is.

georgiagail responded:
It is time to think "outside the box" so to speak and consider that this bleeding may have absolutely nothing to do with menstruation.

In other words, it may be caused by some other medical condition that has nothing to do with a period.

It is time to get this abnormal vaginal bleeding looked into medically. From your symptoms it appears you are showing some of the symptoms of anemia (tired, headaches, etc.) from this loss of blood.

Gail

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.