Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
even been called something that STILL bothers you
chrissyzajac posted:
just as my title says. ever been called a horrible name or something and to this day it still bothers you (or did bother you for a long time) no matter how long ago it was or even if the person apologized for it , etc... ? if so what was it and how did you get over it? im a 24 year old single mother. around halloween i bought a robin (batmans sidekick) costume and took a pic of me in it and sent it to my good friend. a friend we both know saw the pic and then decided to tell me "batman should be happy his batmobile can hold excessive weight". i am 145 pounds. not big for my height but i still got the mommy body. he has apologized for saying it and says he was just having abad day and took it out on me. i told him i forgive him (which i really do) but i cant seem to make myself forget it. i now refuse to even look at the costume that i spent $50 on. it sits in the very back of my closet. im only keeping it for now cuz i spent so much on it. his little comment has turned me into a "happy with myself" woman to a woman with no self esteem. i believe im big and really wide as he said i was. its funny how 1 little comment can change your whole thought about something.

btw anyone wanna buy a costume? lol

Anon_160335 responded:
Please do not let one rude remark ruin your day. Put on your
costume and go have a very good time.

Do not let your friend win... if you stay home or you do not wear your costume, he wins.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.