Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Boils
An_248835 posted:
I have a cyst or boil on my private, does anyone know of any natural remedies? I am currently between doctors!

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear An: If you are sure that it is not an impending genital herpes outbreak (ie you have a bacterial infection of a hair follicle) you can try the following. Three times per day either apply a very warm wash cloth or sit in a bath tub with very warm water. This increases blood flow to the area which brings infection fighting white blood cells to the area and helps carry away any cellular debris. Do not attempt to squeeze the "boil".

If there is increasing redness or tenderness you really should see some type of healthcare provider or clinic. Usually the body can take care of small areas of infection, but some times infection goes out into surrounding tissues causing cellulitis. Here is a link to more information:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001858/

Yours,
Jane

wallowa responded:
Try taking l-lysine about 3,000 mg. I have had great luck with gthis and also works for small sores on tongue.

clipper1956 responded:

Try what models do with a pimple. Put mentholatum or vicks on it. Menthol is a cure-all for a lot of skin ailments, ringworm, soriassis, ect...

clipper1956 replied to clipper1956's response:
or neosporin.

Helpful Tips

Spotting
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.