Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I've had my period five times in two months.. HELP.
An_248837 posted:
I've had my period three times in the past five weeks, and an average of five times in two months. I am almost constantly PMSing and have blood clots. Pads give me rashes so I use tampons and am always sore, down there. I'm just about 16 and this has been progressively getting worse since I first got my period at 12, which was about two times a month. A year ago I went to gynecologist and told her about my problem, which at the time was only twice a month at the time, and she brushed me off and called me a "fertility goddess". My mom thinks I am exaggerating to get on birth control and isn't taking me seriously. I am out of options! Whats wrong with me? And how can I fix it?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I doubt you are having your period 3 times in the past five weeks but are experiencing abnormal vaginal bleeding. Having a period twice a month happens, especially if you have a short cycle but five times in two months is not normal. If you have a nurse at school or another trusted adult, maybe you can talk to them and they can talk to your mom.

An_248849 responded:
You need to see a better OB/GYN who will take your problems seriously! Ask your pediatrician or primary care doctor for a recommendation for an OB/GYN, preferably one who specializes in or treats lots of adolescents. (You should be able to do this over the phone.) Record the start/end dates of your periods and take that with you to the OB/GYN. The doctor needs to investigate why you are having this irregularity before he/she can treat you. Make sure to mention that you are having blood clots to this doctor and describe how heavy your bleeding is by telling the doctor how often you have to change your tampon. If you bleed a lot you might become anemic (low in iron) and your doctor may need to check you for this. You cannot "fix" this yourself. You need to see a doctor for a diagnosis.

BTW, I had periods 1-1/2 to 2 weeks apart when I was in college. It's lousy.

If you want to try pads, try a different brand. Some brands irritate my skin more than others.

Helpful Tips

Menopause
The age of is not certain,It may at the age below 40. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.