Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MD/RMP/Or Anyone. Need Answers
bpcookie posted:
Hello, I'm 48 yr's old and peri-menopausal. I have Lichen Simplex Chronicus Vulva and Vulvodynia. I keep getting yeast infections and bacterial infects constantly. Its like it never ends. I use laundry detergent that is for sensitive skin with no dyes or perfumes. I use Dove bar soap. Wear loose fitting cotton undies. So what am I doing wrong? Why do I keep getting these infections and how can I prevent getting them?

Anon_6061 responded:
I've read about boric acid suppositories sometimes being used for resistant vaginal infections.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1784796/pdf/9812253.pdf

bpcookie replied to Anon_6061's response:
Thank you for replying. My Gyno put me on Boric Acid Suppositories but they didn't help. She also had me use Estrogen lotion inside the vagina. She told me that the vagina likes to have estrogen inside. lol. Don't know why I find that to be funny. That didn't work either. Now my Gyno has prescribed Diflucan once a week for 6 months as a YI preventative. The problem is, I keep getting bacterial inf. The anti biotics they give me for the BI causes YI's.

I just had a procedure done that is supposed to help me with the Lichen Simplex pain but I can't tell if the procedure worked because the BI and YI are causing the same symptoms.

Anon_6061 replied to bpcookie's response:
Yes, you're in a catch-22 - anti-biotics can deplete your good flora. Are you taking probiotics in some form - yogurt with active cultures, powder, capsules (orally or vaginally)? This article talks about vaginal flora and probiotics - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2662373/.

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.