Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused and worried
An_248893 posted:
Whats going on in your body when you feel you period is over but it seems like you start bleeding again. I naturally feel that its stopped and over with and my cycle never goes past 5 days so I am a little confused its not heavy more on the lines of spotting and its very red almost like a cut or what you see in the first day of your cycle.

georgiagail responded:
A more important question is whether this bleeding even represents a menstrual periood or is due to some other medical issue that has nothing to do with menstruation.

Gail

eiusw replied to georgiagail's response:
Well I am not sure that is why I asked .i can only assume it is because my cycle just ended the day before I recognized it.

georgiagail replied to eiusw's response:
Sometimes slight spotting will occur a day or two after a menstrual period normally stops. This tends to happen with activities such as heavy lifting or sex.

Gail

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 101 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.