Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need Answers?
Kelly123 posted:
I had an ectopic pregnancy August2012. My right fallopian tube was removed. My doctor advised to knot get pregnant until i had a surgery to remove two fibroids that are large. I got on birth control (Microgestion FE 120 on November 1, 2012. I take my pill everyday at the same exact time. I have been experiencing pain in my lower back, a little pain and pressur by left and right incision, and spotting since the day I started the birth control. My question is, is how long will the spotting occur? Does the birth control I'm taking affect the fibroids? Have you heard of the natural fertility cleansing Castor Oil pack? With the pack you are not supposed to use while on your cycle, can you use it if there is spotting from the birth control? Im going thru allot daily with these issues and am trying to prevent having a c-section type surgery to remove the fibroids.

georgiagail responded:
Spotting isn't unusual, especially when starting birth control. It tends to improve with time.

I can't imagine Castor Oil helping with fertility...unless of course having to sit on the toilet after taking this stuff means you're not going to engage in intercourse at the time. Castor Oil is quite an effective laxative and works on the GI system, not the reproductive system.

Gail

Anon_6061 responded:
There's a bit of information on the web about the use of castor oil packs for a number of conditions including fibroids. I've read of women using them to reduce fibroid size. But they may have also been using other remedies. It would seem reasonable to try this and other possible remedies before proceeding to major surgery and all its risks.

fcl replied to Anon_6061's response:
Honestly, I cannot imagine a reputable gyn suggesting this when there are so many other options that HAVE been proved to work. Just because something is on the web doesn't mean it's the truth.

http://www.uterinefibroids.com/c_alt_castoroilpacks.htm

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.