Skip to content
Period after Myomectomy
rainyapple posted:
I am wondering if this is anything to be worried about. I had a myomectomy and hysterocopy in mid-September. My symptoms were fairly heavy periods and midcycle bleeding for about a week around ovulation. My first cycle after the surgery was good. It was a bit heavier than normal but I knew this was to be expected. I went through the whole month without midcycle bleeding! That was great and what I had hoped for. This second cycle started 7 days ago and is extremely heavy. I can't even just use tampons. I have to use pads because there are so many clots. I am changing them hourly for sure. I am still bleeding through them on day 7! It is mostly clots and then bright red blood or watery pink blood. I do not have any pain with it. I know my first cycle after the surgery would likely be heavier than normal (which they are already heavy) but 2 months after? I can not find anything about this and my doctor just said the first month would be bad. Any thoughts?

Helpful Tips

Keep Searching
Joanna, I just wanted to add my own experience of endometriosis. My period began about 2 months before my 16th birthday - yes very late. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.