Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Itching down under... What's wrong?!
Anon_127556 posted:
I'm going to get straight to the point. I have itching "down there" and I don't know what is causing it. I'm on my period right now (the very end of it--I think today is the last day), and this just started yesterday. It's not very severe, but it's uncomfortable like a bug bite or dry skin; it only really bothers me when I'm thinking about it.
I checked myself out and there's no redness or bumps or anything like that. It's not even on the outside, but on the inside of the inner lips. There's no discharge or odor, and the only thing that seemed weird was the fact that when I spread it open to check it, there are two light pink/whitish parts on the inside (though they kind of seem like they're supposed to be there since they're symmetrical). I'm active, but it's been at least two weeks since I've had sex. I don't think it's a yeast infection since the only symptom is itchiness. There's no hair down there, so I really don't know what could be causing this and it's kind of freaking me out. Obviously I don't know a whole lot about that part of my body, and I'm 22 years old! Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.