Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question for RN or Doctors Pref OBGYN
An_248985 posted:
Hello,

So on an unrelated note I have the flu currently. I woke up this morning with a sore swollen sensitive clitoris ( I have not had any sexual activity in over 3 weeks and I've been with the same man for over 3 years ). It does not hurt or burn its just extremely sensitive and its been this way all day. I'm not itchy and it does not hurt when I urinate. Although I think I see a small pimple on the left side (thats the side of the clitoris thats most sensitive). I've had pimples around there before I'm assuming from shaving. Basically what i'm asking is that a normal spot for a pimple to occur? How long will it take for the sensitivity to stop? I had a pap test roughly 8 months ago and it was normal by the way.

georgiagail responded:
Yes, pimples or boils can develop in that area. Very often this may turn a bit more sensitive/painful until it either drains or recedes. This has nothing to do with the results from your PAP smear.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.